Connect with us

News

Iran batters dummy US aircraft carrier in Gulf exercises

Published

on

Tehran (AFP) – Iran’s Revolutionary Guards blasted a mock-up of a US aircraft carrier with missiles on Tuesday during military exercises in sensitive Gulf waters, state television reported.

The exercises — dubbed “Prophet Mohammed 14th” — were held near the Strait of Hormuz, a vital shipping lane for a fifth of global oil output.

The US Navy condemned the “irresponsible and reckless behaviour by Iran”, calling it an attempt “to intimidate and coerce”.

The Iranian maritime manoeuvre was staged at a time of heightened tensions between Iran and its decades-old arch enemy the United States.

Footage of the war games broadcast on state television showed the Guards’ air and naval forces readying for an attack off the country’s southwestern coast.

Speedboats skimmed across the water in formation before ground forces fired cannons and a missile was launched from a helicopter.

The mock-up of a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier came into view with rows of dummy fighter jets on either side of its landing strip.

The television then cut to rockets being fired out to sea from the backs of trucks, before showing damage to the hull of the mock-up aircraft carrier.

Another missile fired from a helicopter left a trail of smoke before appearing to smash into the side of the fake warship.

Armed forces were then seen rappelling onto the deck of the vessel, before around a dozen speedboats circled around it.

“What was shown today in these exercises, at the level of aerospace and naval forces, was all offensive,” Guards commander Major General Hossein Salami told state television.

New long-range missiles were fired during the exercises, a spokesman said.

“Some surprise equipment and weapons were used, such as long-range ballistic missiles capable of striking offensive floating targets in the distance,” General Abbas Nilforoushan said, quoted by the Guards’ Sepahnews website.

– US response –

The US Navy 5th Fleet, which is based in the Gulf state of Bahrain, criticised Iran’s use of the fake aircraft carrier which first appeared Monday in satellite images.

“We are aware of the Iranian exercise involving attacking a mock-up of a vessel similar to a motionless aircraft carrier,” its spokeswoman Commander Rebecca Rebarich said in a statement emailed to AFP in Dubai on Tuesday.

“The US Navy conducts defensive exercises with our partners promoting maritime security in support of freedom of navigation; whereas, Iran conducts offensive exercises, attempting to intimidate and coerce.

“While we are always watchful of this type of irresponsible and reckless behaviour by Iran in the vicinity of busy international waterways, this exercise has not disrupted coalition operations in the area nor had any impacts to the free flow of commerce in the Strait of Hormuz and surrounding waters.”

She had earlier stressed to AFP that “we remain confident in our naval forces’ ability to defend themselves against any maritime threat.

“We do not seek conflict but remain ready to defend US forces and interests from maritime threats in the region.”

The war games come only days after Tehran accused US fighter jets of harassing an Iranian commercial airliner in the skies over Syria.

At least four passengers on board the Mahan Air plane were injured in Thursday’s incident, after the pilot took emergency action to avoid the warplanes, Iranian authorities said.

Tensions have escalated between Tehran and Washington since US President Donald Trump unilaterally withdrew from the landmark Iran nuclear deal in 2018.

The arch foes have come to the brink of direct confrontation twice since June 2019, when the Guards shot down a US drone in the Gulf.

Their animosity deepened after Iran’s most prominent general, Qasem Soleimani, was killed in a US drone strike near Baghdad airport in January.

One of the most recent confrontations was in mid-April, when the United States accused the Guards of using speedboats to harass its warships in the Gulf.

Source link

Business

How to open an account in Swiss Bank from India

As soon as the news of increase the in money in Swiss Bank increased, numbers of queries related to Swiss Bank got increased. So, we thought to help you to with the most searched question on the internet “How to open an account in Swiss Bank from India”.

Published

on

How to open an account in Swiss Bank from India 1

Swiss Bank, like me many of you was introduced this name in 2014 when Mr. Narendra Modi who was the chief minister of Gujarat that time made his election campaign on Black money in Swiss Bank. Now, in 2021 no money was back to India as promised by Narendra Modi. On other hand there is huge hike in Indian Money deposited into Swiss Bank. According to the media reports the total amount has reached more than 20,700 Cr and also the Swiss bank account holders in India gets increased post 2014.

Now, if you see google then many people are searching to open a Swiss Bank account online. It’s not that everyone wants to open an account in Swiss Bank, however many of them like me are just curious to know the process to open an account in Swiss Bank.

Also Read: China launches crewed spacecraft Shenzhou-12 in the historic mission

How to open an account in Swiss Bank from India
Image Credit – Pexels

How to open a Swiss bank account

  • Just like Indian Banks, Banks in Switzerland also minimum balance criteria. You have to find a Bank that will accept the amount of fund you have. The minimum balance is between 100.000 CHF up to 500.000 CHF and it vary from Bank to Bank.
  • Once you identify the Bank, or you can also take a professional help from third party websites. They charge you a professional fee to help you to open a Bank Account.
  • These are the four steps to open an account
  • Fill out the application form at our order page
  • After reception of your order the bank will mail you a welcome packet
  • Sign the documents and send them back to the bank
  • The bank will confirm the opening of your new Swiss bank account
  • If you will not be able to travel Switzerland, then you can also complete the process through post (Courier)
  • You also have to show the origin of fund like bank statement, documents from the sale of property or any other document that shows the transaction amount

Thinks you should know before opening a Swiss bank account

  • Any individual over the age of 18 is allowed to open a Swiss Bank account
  • An Indian can open an account but with a ceiling for the financial year. However, for the purpose of conducting business such an account is permitted under the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA).
  • There are nearly 400 banks in Switzerland with the top two – UBS and Credit Suisse Group
  • There is an account type called ‘numbered account’. All interaction with the account is through the account number. Very few people in the bank will know the name behind the numbered account.
  • You can close your account any time without any restrictions or cost
Continue Reading

NATIONAL

Sports world pays tribute to Milkha Singh

Veteran Indian athlete Milkha Singh passed away at a local hospital here at 11.30 pm on Friday, leaving the sports world in a tizzy. After the death of this great sprinter, many celebrities have paid tribute to him. There are some kind.

Published

on

Sports world pays tribute to Milkha Singh

Veteran Indian athlete Milkha Singh passed away at a local hospital here at 11.30 pm on Friday, leaving the sports world in a tizzy. After the death of this great sprinter, many celebrities have paid tribute to him.

I promise you Milkha Singh ji that we will fulfill your last wish. India has lost its star. Milkha Singh ji has left us but he will continue to inspire every Indian to shine for India. My deepest condolences to the family. I pray for the peace of his soul. Kiren Rijiju

Rest in peace our very own ‘Flying Sikh’ Milkha Singh Ji. Your passing has left a deep void in the heart of every Indian today, but you will continue to inspire many generations to come. Sachin Tendulkar

SAI is deeply saddened by the passing away of “The Flying Sikh” Milkha Singh, one of the greatest sportspersons India has ever produced. Gold medalist at Commonwealth Games and Asian Games, she held the 400m national record for 38 years. Condolences to his family and the millions he inspired. Sports Authority of India

Your story inspired millions and will continue to inspire….Rip Legend. Ritu Phogat

We might not have seen you competing, but every time we ran fast as kids, we ran like Milkha Singh. And to me, she will always be the legend you left behind. You didn’t just run, you inspired. Rest in peace, sir. Sunil Chhetri

Continue Reading

News

Delhi government will prepare 5,000 health assistants in view of the third wave of corona

Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said, “In the first and second wave of corona we have seen shortage of medical and paramedical staff.

Published

on

Arvind Kejriwal speaking with media in his office in Delhi

In an important announcement today, the Delhi government said that it will prepare 5,000 health assistants as a precaution in the wake of the third wave of corona. Under this ambitious project of Delhi Government, Indraprastha University will start training the youth gradually.

Talking about this project, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said, “In the first and second wave of corona we have seen a shortage of medical and paramedical staff. So the government has an ambitious plan, under which 5000 health assistants will be prepared.”

Also Read: Kim Jong Un has said Food situation is under tense

Describing the outline of the project, Arvind Kejriwal said, “Indraprastha (IP) University will train 5000 youth sequentially for every 2 weeks. After that they will be given basic training in 9 premier medical institutes of Delhi.

Clearing doubts about the usefulness of health assistants prepared after just two weeks of training and training, Kejriwal said that these health assistants will work as assistants to doctor-nurse. They will be given basic training in nursing, paramedics, life saving, first aid and home care. Online applications for this can be filled from tomorrow, Thursday, June 17. The training will start from June 28. For this the qualification is 12th pass and age limit is more than 18 years.

This plan of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal is prima facie looking very futuristic, but the reality will be known only after its implementation. It is to be known that with this announcement of Kejriwal, his critics have started to satire on this plan.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency news helpline feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Continue Reading

Trending