Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday said the government is committed to eliminating tuberculosis by 2025.
“The government will launch “TB harega desh jeetga” (TB will be defeated and the country will win) campaign to eliminate tuberculosis by 2025,” said Sitharaman while presenting the budget.
She further noted that the NDA government is committed to the Open Defecation Free (ODF) programme and will ensure that no one is left behind in it.
In order to provide medicines at affordable prices, the Union Minister proposed to expand Jan Aushadhi Kendras to all districts of the country.
Tuberculosis, which is caused by bacteria known as Mycobacterium tuberculosis, mainly affects the lungs and may also damage other parts of the body
This Story has been sourced from ANI
- Another death of Tablighi Jamaat member, now it’s in Tamil Nadu
- 14 Indian artists have collaborated from homes to create a unique song titled “Chappa Chappa Afwaah Chale”
- Old video from Peru falsely shared as mass prayers offered in Italy
- New York rushed to bring in an army of medical volunteers
- Covid:19 – Maharastra Two more deaths, total reached to 12