Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Saturday said the government is committed to eliminating tuberculosis by 2025.
“The government will launch “TB harega desh jeetga” (TB will be defeated and the country will win) campaign to eliminate tuberculosis by 2025,” said Sitharaman while presenting the budget.
She further noted that the NDA government is committed to the Open Defecation Free (ODF) programme and will ensure that no one is left behind in it.
In order to provide medicines at affordable prices, the Union Minister proposed to expand Jan Aushadhi Kendras to all districts of the country.
Tuberculosis, which is caused by bacteria known as Mycobacterium tuberculosis, mainly affects the lungs and may also damage other parts of the body
This Story has been sourced from ANI
- Horoscope 10 July 2020: See what’s your star says about you today
- Kanpur Encounter: UP Special Task Force reached Jhansi
- Three-day camp to conduct Rapid Antigen Diagnostic Test for COVID-19 in the High Court
- Volody Launches the Chatbot Feature to Scale up Business’ Productivity
- Clarivate Releases Web of Science Journal Citation Reports to Identify the World’s Leading Journals